Our History

William Sprott of Portadown
2016

1880

McCammon & Sprott established

1892

Received Medals in London for Ulster dry-cured roll and dry cured pale and smoked hams.

1910

Awarded Diploma of Merit for ham and bacon at a London exhibition.

1925

Production transferred to Edward Street site.

1958

Output of Wiltshire cure began.

1960

Factory expanded to incorporate old Savoy Cinema.

1972

Factory extended once again to allow increased cooked ham output.

1993

Refurbishment of factory commenced

1995

Full EEC Licences awarded for pork and product production.